This easy cannelloni is a go-to vegetarian meal, not overly fussy it is delicious and filling! This is a recipe I use because it’s simplified and creates less mess, but the results are just as great!
500 g frozen spinach
500 g ricotta cheese
1 pkt cannelloni tubes
600ml tomato passata
1 1/2 cups grated cheese
3 teaspoons crushed garlic
1. In a saucepan place butter and spinach on a medium heat, stir regularly until soft.
2. Drain spinach if necessary
3. In mixing bowl, mix together spinach, ricotta and half the grated cheese. (And nutmeg)
4. Using a dessert spoon fill the cannelloni tubes, using the back of the spoon to push the mix down. I fill from both ends of the tube.
5. Pour a small amount of passata onto the base of your baking tray, lay cannelloni tubes. If you have to stack the cannelloni tubes put another layer of passata between the layers of cannelloni.
6. With the remaining passata in the bottle, add the garlic and put the lid on and shake to mix in.
7. Pour the garlic passata over the cannelloni, top with remaining cheese and put in oven at 180 degrees for 30 mins!
Even my carnivore husband goes back for seconds!