Out of not having a food processor necessity – I made this recipe. I still wanted to get onto the bliss ball bandwagon but I didn’t want to buy a food processor (I’m holding out for a thermomix!)
Anyway, I find these really do hit the spot when you need a sweet treat that is relatively healthy!
1 cup of dates chopped
1 cup of nuts or seeds chopped. I use raw cashews and chai seeds to fill the gaps of the cup
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil (optional)
1 tablespoon of protein powder (optional)
coconut to roll in
What you do
1. In a saucepan place the dates with 1/4 cup of water, place on medium heat until reach a slight boil. Allow to slow boil for a couple of minutes until soften. Take off heat and drain.
2. Allow to cool.
3. Add cocoa, protein powder and oil, mix in.
4. Add chopped nuts and seeds, stir in.
5. Allow to cool completely and roll into balls.
6. Store in fridge, makes 12 – 15 balls depending on size.
Don’t eat all at once, you will find that – that many dates are NOT your friend
Great to be put in the freezer to snack on whenever you need them, once set put a couple in a zip lock bag and put them in your work freezer great for the 3pm snack!