This chocolate cheesecake recipe is amazing! Rich and decadent but not so much that you’re unable to eat the whole piece (or maybe thats just me!) Great dessert to make the night before and not have to do anything else to, in my books a winner all round! The chocolate base is the perfect match to the smooth creamy filling with flake in the filling and of course on top as well! Perfect with fresh strawberries or alone – this cheesecake is so good you don’t need anything to serve with it!
2 pks of chocolate ripple biscuits
200 g butter
1 large lemon
500 g cream cheese
400 ml condensed milk
250 ml thickened cream teaspoon of chocolate essence or vanilla essence
5 flake chocolate bars
1. Crush biscuits in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs
2. Melt butter, and mix into the crushed biscuits, press into spring form tin. Fill bottom first and around the edges of tin as well
3. Put into fridge to set while making filling
4. Beat the cream until forms soft peaks
5. In a separate bowl beat together cream cheese and condensed milk until it becomes thick and smooth
6. Juice lemon and stir through the mixture
7. Carefully fold through the cream and essence into the cream cheese
8. Carefully crumble 4 flake bars into the mixture and stir to even distribute
9. Pour over crust, sprinkle last flake on top and allow to set for 3-4 hours
Howdy! How are we all doing in the heat? After coming back from the USA, I was looking forward to the heat and now we are in the heat, hmmm not so much! But the one good thing about this weather it is perfect BBQ weather and that is where we are off to this afternoon! So I was going to share with you my boiled chocolate cake recipe which is amazing! But our oven is still broken so I had to buy a dessert instead, what a shame. I love heating up the whole house when its already in the high 30’s! haha. Anyway instead it is time that I am sharing my World Famous Potato Salad Recipe. World famous may be a stretch but it is by far the most asked for recipe in my repartee! And it is easy peasy, but rather filling! So here it is, it will change your life! This amount makes enough for about 20 people at a BBQ.
Potato Salad Recipe!
2 kg of potato (I use the cheapest ones on the day! But pontiac are good)
1 cup of good quality whole egg mayonnaise
1 cup of sour cream
2 tablespoons seeded mustard
200 grams of diced bacon
juice of a lemon
parsley to garnish
1. Put eggs into saucepan and cover with cold water, place onto stove on high, once boiling, continue to boil for 10 mins.
2. Clean potatoes (wash and/or peel depending on potato) cut into
1 1/2 cm pieces, it is a chunky potato salad.
3. Place potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with cold water, place onto the stove to boil, depending on potato size it will need to boil for at least 20 mins.
4. Once eggs have boiled, drain and place into bowl and place into the fridge.
5. Start making the sauce, mix together the mayonnaise and sour cream (you can use a different quantities but you want the end to yield the same amount eg 3/4 cup mayo and 1 1/4 cup sour cream). Add the lemon juice and mustard, stir until all combined.
6. Place diced bacon in frypan and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towel if needed.
7. Once eggs have chilled, start to peel and cut into quarters.
8. Check potatoes, choose a larger piece of potato, pierce with fork – if it is easily inserted they are ready, if not allow to boil longer.
9. Drain potatoes well, place half into bowl that the salad will be served in.
10. Pour in a quarter of the sauce and stir through.
11. Add existing potatoes and sauce, stir until evenly combined.
12. Scatter cut up eggs on top, and finish with bacon! Add parsley if you have some on hand!